Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A View From the Sixth Floor By Elizabeth Noreen Newton

Blurb:
This romantic thriller takes a fictional "what if" look at the JFK assassination. Suppose accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald had lived to defend himself. Imagine if 50 years after the assassination someone stepped forward to reveal the truth of what happened that day. What if the assassination was a conspiracy and the impact of those revelations reached into the 21st century. This the story of ordinary people caught up in extraordinary events. You'll never look at your neighbors the same way.

Cover:



Here are what some reviewers are saying about A View From the Sixth Floor

"When Olivia [Livvy] begins to tell her own story related to Lee Harvey Oswald and JFK's assassination, I thought it was a Forward by the author telling about why she wrote the book. "OK, so she had a reason," I thought. "Let's get on with the story." I moved on to the first chapter. Wait a minute. It said Chapter Two. Looking at the previous page showed me that Chapter Two followed what went before, so I paged back, page by page to find where Page One was. I ended up where I thought the author was giving the reason for writing the book. Did I say book? I meant masterpiece.

I only include this minor embarrassment to show the skill with which the author Elizabeth Horton-Newton begins her book to show the skill with which she creates a realistic feel to her writing in this book.

Early in the book Livvy's husband George dies, but references to him live, for next door is his best friend Bill. On his deathbed he has Bill pledge to protect Livvy. Protect? From what? The author doesn't say, but the reader knows something in which George and Bill are involved is a potential threat to Livvy.

Bill does all the neighborly things for Livvy like mowing the lawn, but there is no hanky-panky going on between them. Bill does not drive, so Livvy takes him shopping and on errands. They become fast friends. But when Livvy announces her desire to go to Dallas on the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination, Bill is adamant about her not going. She decides to go anyway and Bill accompanies her. To protect her? From what?

Most of the book then is about the trip to Dallas with Bill and Livvy eventually becoming lovers and Livvy discovering what Bill has been running from for 50 years. The trip is thrilling and suspenseful, as reported above---a masterpiece.

This 5-star book is highly recommended"


"I read this book in one setting and was wanting more. It was a true riddle and I too fell in love with Kort. The ending wasn't predictable. I thought I had it figured out and then I was really surprised. The romance is hot and steamy. I cried, laughed, and screamed at the characters. The book is so well written I felt like I was there and a part of the unfolding mystery. Great job!"-Cathy

To check out A View From the Sixth Floor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y43TX8Y?ref_=cm_cr_pr_product_top

No comments:

Post a Comment